I have been nominated by blogger Bonny Dunn of https://imbonny.wordpress.com for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. While I am surprised and humbled by this nomination, I would like to thank Bonny who is a very inspired blogger, writing about Grenada, the US and how living in these countries is.
In the blogging world I am about 6 months old but I have had periods of crescendos and troughs in my blogging journey. In spite of breaks, I have managed to cover 6 months. This is the stage at which a normal human baby would sit up and look at the world with confidence. So I do too.
I believe that apart from the satisfaction of having a blogging friend who thought me good enough for an award, there is the additional benefit of making new friends. In my time blogging, I have gone through a transition where I enjoy reading posts rather than writing now. Is this peculiar to me ? Honestly, writing does not come so easily to me now.
I recently attended a lecture by a professor of writing from the University of Wisconsin, Madison and she said that more and more people are becoming writers these days- writing is a necessity of modern life but in the process reading has moved to the back burner,meaning that people prefer to do reading only if it serves them a purpose. For example I read only if I have to write a response to someone else’s comment or email to me or I read only to get some information which would help me with my writing. Meaning that reading has become quite materialistic- a virtual “give” only when some ‘ take” is available.
To get back to my blog and why I do it, i started off this blog because I was applying for various writing jobs and many jobs asked me if I had a blog site- so in desperation I set up this site and started writing. On this journey I have made so many friends, so many fellow travelers, who support me in so many ways and ways even they might not know they have helped me in.
Some of my friends and those I would like to nominate for this award myself are :
1. Sia- Discover Life at https://siapositive.wordpress.com
2. Homemade naturally at : http://dadojodest.com ( Donna)
3. Alka Girdhar from Magnanimous Word at : https://alkagirdhar.wordpress.com
4. Cyn Franks from Frankly Write at : http://franklywrite.com/
5. Faraday’s Candle at http://faradayscandle.wordpress.com/
6. Deep Life Insights at https://shrutiinsights.wordpress.com
7. Mustang Koji at https://p47.koji.wordpress.com
8. Samantha from Runnerwithablog at https://runnerwithablog.wordpress.com
9. Other Mary at https://othermary.wordpress.com
10. Seth Super trip at https://talesofatriplet.com
11. Megan from Meaningful Mommy at https://meaningfulmommy.wordpress.com
12. S. J Takeshi at :https://suejutakeshi.wordpress.com/
13. Casey at https://caseyalexanderblog.wordpress.com/
14. Kathleen Duncan at https://kathleenduncan.wordpress.com
15. Pockets of Chaos at https://drlindallabin.wordpress.com/
16. REVolving at : https://revrevolving.wordpress.com/
17. Joanne at https://joannerambling.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules to follow if you decide to accept the award, my friends:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, in my case Bonny from https://imbonny.wordpress.com. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself. Well, here they are
- I am a woman with a mind of her own, always opinionated and sometimes thinking as though she knows more than the other person.
- I love children and animals. Children are my special favourites.
- I have recently learnt crocheting so I am passionate about it.
- I have trained in public health medicine but am currently in administration but hoping and dreaming that one day I will study in the place of my dreams( Harvard), work in the medical school of my choice and be known for being a great public health person.
- In my life and work, my principles and ethics often come in the way of what is expected of me at work and needless to say, everytime, I have chosen to go with my heart.
- I love songs and especially tender, loving songs, hymns, old movie songs and such.
- I enjoy driving, especially at high speeds.
The fourth and most important rule is to nominate 15 other amazing blogs on their blog to let them know you nominated them, which I am doing right now.
So thank you all for following and reading what I write- we will move together on this writing journey.