I started blogging in August 2014 in a period of despondency. Life had never looked worse for me- finances were low, self-esteem almost non-existence, respect from peers nil and family support almost zero. It was that time that I was led to blogging. Looking back, I was guided, unknowingly into the blog world. From a shy person, I have become a blog extrovert-I have a lot of friends, good friends, I like to say and I am proud to have you all as my friends.
As a thank you, I would like to mention a few of my blog friends and what I have learnt from them:
1. Timeless lady of Minding my P’s with Q : I learnt about appreciating the simple things in life, a trip on a weekend with family to a garden nearby, the excitement of watching a new flower bloom or to see tadpoles dancing in her pond, there is wonder in every thing she sees and takes in. I have learnt the importance of being innocent and of being of a clear heart from her.
2. Good woman : From Helen, I have learnt about how there can be cold areas in a desert. I am amazed that some parts of the USA are situated at such heights but they have sprung up from the desert. I learnt that sewing and cross-stitch and every other hobby can be carried on throughout life- even if our eyes fail us or our ears don’t hear any more or our hands don’t work as fast as they should, we can continue to do the things that we loved to do when we learnt them, through out our journey. Passion for a craft is what I have learnt from her and from this I have come to understand that she is a woman who can do anything she determines to do.
3. Ritu from butIsmileanyway : As her blog title says, she is loving, exuberant, smiley, happy, caring, loving, passionate, humourous, affectionate and everything a girl should be. I am reminded of the English rhyme when I think of her- “What are little girls made of ? Sugar and spice and all that’s nice- thats what little girls are made of “. I have learnt to see the positives in any situation from her and to make a joke out of every occurrence even the things that made you sad and depressed, there is always another perspective to look at it from and perhaps that is the perspective we are supposed to look at it from.
4. Lynn Love from Word Shamble : I have learnt to write well from Lynn. I have learnt how words can be put together to such good effect and so effortlessly. I think Lynn is a marvellous writer and I wish her all the luck on her writing journey. Lynn, I wish to read your book soon.
5. April from R. Sativus : April, from you I have learnt how to reach out to strangers- you were one of the first blog friends I have made and are still so. I admire your strength of character, your writing skills, the ups and downs of your life and how you manage to come out of every situation, to take long walks and commune with nature, to enjoy cooking, to take care of elderly people and love them and so much more. April, I think you are a multi-hued personality and everyone who is in touch with you, is blessed.
6. Kathleen Duncan : Kathleen is a wonderful woman, with a heart full of love and overflowing. She is a strong woman who has stood the test of adversity and come out in flying colours. From her I have learnt of the resilience of the spirit and to hold on to faith, even when everything around you is crumbling. Kathleen, I salute you.
7. Donna : Donna is a constant friend, one who I can rely on, through my thicks and thins. She does not judge and accepts me for what I am. From Donna I have learnt how to appreciate all things natural and to be creative with nature and not against nature. I enjoy reading about her nature trips- her kayaking adventures and her write ups of the great outdoors. I especially love the way she takes care of the tiny creatures from nature and showers them with love and care.
8. Daniel from dreambigand often : Daniel is a recent friend and from him I have learnt how to be confident, how to make changes in my life- small, though they may be- and to live life in the spirit that it was meant to be lived in. I look forward to reading and knowing more from you, Daniel.
9. Edwina : of EdwinaEpisodes : From Edwina, who is a caregiver, I have learnt how to care for all things living, especially those who need our care and love,the less privileged, the vulnerable. I have learnt that one can be uplift even if one is going through a tough time and when I think of her, I think of a storm and she is the “eye’ of the storm, that area of calmness, which is the strength of the storm. To laugh at myself is what I have learnt from you, Edwina. Thank you.
10. Rashmi : from Soul and Spirit : I have loved your photographs and your commentaries on them. I think you are especially talented in outdoor photography and I enjoy reading about your philosophy of life, your family, your adventures, how to appreciate the mountains, the rivers, the valleys and the greenery. But most of all, from you, I learnt the gift of “giving”. I have been impressed by your sending gifts across the oceans to blog friends, just because you learnt that they did not get the tea they wanted. Giving to strangers and people you haven’t seen, is one of the best lessons I have learnt, and I learnt this from you, Rashmi.
Thank you all and many more !