That when I connect with someone new on social media platform, the person starts sending me posts or videos they did not create ? No one asks me if I want to be sent those posts.
I am usually not a Whatsapp or Viber person but recently I connected with a classmate of mine through Whatsapp. The second day I started receiving videos. I want to talk to that person or read what she writes and not watch some video that has been shared a 100,000 times or liked double that number ?
And again, it has happened to me that information about what I am up to is sent to others on the platform without my permission.
Has this happened to you ?
As reply to this prompt, from Just Jot It January by Linda G Hill.
The first thought was visions of what might have happened during the French Revolution and the fight of the French for Liberte, Egalite, and Fraternite. The novel
” A tale of two cities” gives quite a graphic account of this fight and I can see Madame Lefarge knitting away and watching the city of Paris burning. Do I believe in Liberty?
Of course, I do but perhaps not of the type that is obtained by the curtailing of another person’s liberty. America is considered the land of Liberty and the land of the Free. The Pilgrims first came there, to be able to practice their religion and establish a land with the liberty to do their own thing. To a large extent, it is still a land where one can do one’s own thing and where one has the liberty to become quite successful at doing one’s own thing.
The Statue of Liberty at the confluence of the river and the huge seas again raises up pictures of the symbolism of liberty it brought to migrating people from all over the world. Many of those people worked hard to make America the land it is now and brought with them cultures and traditions from their native lands. They came to America, maybe to escape persecution or to get a better future for themselves. They took great risks for liberty. Many of them gave up their old lives, for the sake of liberty. Does liberty mean changing oneself so completely that one is un-identifiable from one’s old self ?
These thoughts lead me to the words of Jesus and what he means to us. Doesn’t he preach liberty of a sort ? Belief in him and following his teachings in our lives should be liberating in that we should not be care worn any more. Liberty to me, is being free of care too. If someone else was willingly offering to carry our loads, be it a new country or a human or God himself, wouldn’t all of us aspire to reach there ?
I think Liberty is a goal every human being strives to reach. He may not see it as such or call it thus but I call the human life itself a reach for higher things, for Liberty.
What do you think ?
The rules for the prompt can be found here.
I love silence. At home, it seems most of the times, my house is silent. The cat does not speak except when he is hungry, when he lets us know or when he needs the door opened. Otherwise, the house is silent.
Silence gives me time to think and think more. There is fun in thinking.
About six months back, I went home to help my parents during my mother’s surgery. I am a noisy person, though I like silence. I talk and sometimes I am the only one that talks at my home; it seems like at my parental home too, I am the person who makes the most noise other than my niece of course. My father had to go out for something one day and when he came back, he asked my mum, why is there a silence at home? My elder daughter was there too and she heard him say this. She laughed at this and told me later that even grandpa thinks I am the noisy one at home. It is strange that silence is often experienced when there is the absence of noise.
At night, the computer and WhatsApp give us the bleeps that again break the silence of the night and nights are supposed to be silent, right?
Today is Day 21 of #jusjojan and the prompt is Silence. The prompt comes from Willow who blogs at willowdot21.
Rules and prompts can be found here.
This challenge is posed by Everydaygyaan.com.
- How many books did you read in 2017 ? What’s your target for 2018 ?
- 2018 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge : If your goal for 2018 is to read more, then this reading challenge is for you !
- Reading Challenge Details : This Challenge runs January 1, 2018 -December 31, 2018. ( Books read prior to 1/1/2018 do not count toward the challenge)
- You can join anytime from now. Sign up now in the link at the bottom of Corinne’s post.
- The goal : to read more books in 2018 than you did in 2017. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. You can move up a level as often as you’d like but no moving down. Remember, the idea is to challenge yourself.
- Format : Books can be in any format( print, e-book, audio)
- Genre : Books can be in any genre( fiction, non-fiction, romance, mystery…)
- Novellas : Those that are 100 pages in length or a few less or more as well as full-length novels will count towards this challenge.
- Re-reads and cross-overs from other challenges : Allowed.
- Visit Corinne’s site to know more